Liz is a Staff Site Reliability Engineer at Google and works on the Google Cloud Customer Reliability Engineering team in New York. She has worked on services ranging from Google Flights to Cloud Bigtable in her 10+ years at Google. She lives with her wife, metamour, and a Samoyed/Golden Retriever mix in Brooklyn. In her spare time, she plays classical piano, leads an EVE Online alliance, and advocates for transgender rights.
Seth Vargo is a Developer Advocate at Google. Previously he worked at HashiCorp, Chef Software, CustomInk, and a few Pittsburgh-based startups. He is the author of Learning Chef and is passionate about reducing inequality in technology. Seth is an active member of the DevOps community and has written thought-leader-y pieces such as the 10 Myths of DevOps.
Cool things of the week
- Google I/O session youtube
- What’s new in Firebase at I/O 2018 blog
- Introducing ML Kit for Firebase blog
- Jeff Dean is new Head of AI wired
- Introducing Cloud Memorystore: A fully managed in-memory data store service for Redis blog
- class SRE implements DevOps youtube series
- DevOps wikipedia
- Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) site
- Terraform site
- Chef site
- Puppet site
- Ansible site
- SaltStack site
- Prometheus site
- Datadog site
- Stackdriver site
- The Site Reliability Workbook: Practical Ways to Implement SRE amazon
- Seeking SRE o’reilly
- Customer Reliability Engineering Blog Series blogs
Question of the week
I’m a researcher at a regionally accredited academic institution and I need compute resources. Does Google Cloud have any programs that can help me out?
Where can you find us next?
Melanie is speaking at the Understand Risk Forum on May 17th, in Mexico City.